Pilgrimage to Rome!






 +m


Dear Friends in Christ/Queridos Amigos en Cristo, 


I am on my way to Rome, Italy for a pilgrimage!  I am leading a pilgrimage inspired by my patron saint, St. Philip Neri, the "2nd Apostle of Rome."  St. Philip regularly took his devotees to a walking pilgrimage to the 7 Pilgrim Churches in Rome.  We will see all of the Pilgrim Churches which include the Major Basilicas and 3 minor basilicas of historical significance.  Unlike St. Philip, we will not be walking or doing them all in one day!  I hope to share pictures with commentary as I go, similar to the posts that I published on the pilgrimage to the Holy Land last February.  I ask for your prayers for me and my fellow travelers, which include my mother and father.  I will be keeping all of you and the parishioners of St. Charles Borromeo parish in my prayers along the way.  During the trip, I will see the church in Rome where St. Charles Borromeo's heart is preserved.  I will conclude my travels by visiting St. Charles Borromeo's tomb in Milan.  I will be asking his intercession and special blessings upon St. Charles Borromeo parish.  

I am also looking forward to celebrating Mass at the different basilicas and to attending Pope Francis' Angelus Address on Sunday, January 14, to conclude the pilgrimage.  I will carry the Pope's blessing home for all of you.  If you have any special intentions, feel free to email me or to send a request via the comments on this blog.  

Arrivederci and molti benedizioni,

Father Forlano




¡Estoy de camino a Roma, Italia, para una peregrinación! Estoy liderando una peregrinación inspirada por mi santo patrón, San Felipe Neri, el "Segundo Apóstol de Roma". San Felipe llevaba regularmente a sus devotos en peregrinación a pie a las 7 Iglesias de Peregrinos de Roma. Veremos todas las Iglesias de Peregrinos que incluyen las Basílicas Mayores y 3 basílicas menores de importancia histórica. A diferencia de San Felipe, ¡no caminaremos ni las haremos todas en un día! Espero compartir fotografías con comentarios a medida que avance, similares a las publicaciones que publiqué sobre la peregrinación a Tierra Santa en febrero pasado. Les pido sus oraciones por mí y por mis compañeros de viaje, entre los que se incluyen mi madre y mi padre. Los mantendré a todos ustedes y a los feligreses de la parroquia de San Carlos Borromeo en mis oraciones a lo largo del camino. Durante el viaje veré la iglesia de Roma donde se conserva el corazón de San Carlos Borromeo. Concluiré mis viajes visitando la tumba de San Carlos Borromeo en Milán. Estaré pidiendo su intercesión y bendiciones especiales sobre la parroquia de San Carlos Borromeo.

También espero celebrar Misa en las diferentes basílicas y asistir al Ángelus del Papa Francisco el domingo 14 de enero. Llevaré la bendición del Papa a todos ustedes. Si tiene alguna intención especial, no dude en enviarme un correo electrónico o enviar una solicitud a través de los comentarios de este blog.

Que Dios los bendiga,

Padre Forlano

St. Philip, pray for us!  San Felipe, ¡ruega por nosotros!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A tour of plazas and fountains (January 12)